Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
Green chillies, slit lengthwise - 2
Water - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Salt - a pinch
You will also need :
Cilantro, chopped - a handful, for garnishing.
- To the besan add a pinch of turmeric, yogurt, oil,1 tsp lemon juice, salt to taste & with the hot water make a smooth batter.
- Add the baking soda and mix. Pour the mixture immediately into a greased glass bowl & microwave it between 7-8min. Please see note below.
- Let it stand for a minute and then cut into square pieces.
- Then for the seasoning, heat little oil, add mustard seeds. Once they start crackling, add the cumin seeds & green chillies and then pour this seasoning over the cut dhokla pieces.
- Prepare a mixture by taking 1/2 cup water and adding to it 1 tsp lemon juice, 2 tsp sugar & a pinch of salt.
- Pour with a spoon on the seasoned dhokla pieces & then garnish the pieces with chopped cilantro.
Note : - After 3 mins of cooking, keep checking for doneness of the Dhokla. If overdone, it gets browned and burnt in the centre. Microwave cooking times will vary, so please keep that in mind.
- Pouring the prepared liquid on the dhokla pieces is important as the pieces when warm soak up all the liquid and result in very soft and moist pieces, which otherwise dry out from the heating.
This post is my contribution to MEC-Snacks and Savouries hosted by Priya of Priya's Easy N Tasty Recipes.
Thank you for telling me about this Meera.