Sep 30, 2009
Sep 14, 2009
Raw Mango, cut into chunks - 2 1/2 cups
Sep 3, 2009
Going back home is always great. The family, food and the whole atmosphere back home is just pure bliss. I stayed for three months, seems long, but I didn't know how time flew. Well, any amount of time feels short when I'm in India, so that's another story. Getting back to routine just feels tougher now, not to mention cooking and cleaning ( well, am home all the time, so that's nothing much rite ??)..
Ready Cake Mix (Sponge Cake) - 1 pack plus you will need the eggs, oil and water as mentioned on the pack.
Semi Sweet baking Chocolate/Chocolate chips - 4 oz.
Milk Chocolate Bar ( Hersheys/DairyMilk/any veriety) - 1 bar, approx. 4 oz.
Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
Lemon Zest - grated from 1 lemon
Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp
Vanilla essence - 1 tsp
Icing sugar (Confectioners) - 3/4 cup
To make the Marble Cake :
- Prepare the Cake mixture as per the instructions on the back of the pack. Divide this prepared mixture into 2 parts. Keep one as it is and to the second one add about 2 tbsps ( or as per your preferance) of cocoa powder. To adjust the consistency, you can add a little milk and mix it evenly.
- In a greased 9" round cake pan, dusted with some flour and lined with a parchment paper cut out to round shape, pour in alternate spoonfuls of the plain mixture and the chocolate mixture.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 325deg F till done or until a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Take out and cool on a wire rack. Once cooled, I like to place it on the serving plate, so that you don't need to shift again.
- Next is to make the Chocolate curls. You will need 3oz. of the chocolate bar, make curls using a peeler. Spread out the curls on a thick sheet of paper.
- Melt the remaining chocolate and set 2 tbsps. aside. Spread the rest of the melted chocolate around the sides of the cake.
- While the chocolate is still soft, coat the sides of the cake in chocolate curls. Do this gently by slightly tilting the cake on one side and rolling the curls on it. Do not press heavily.
- Next is to make the Glace. Sift the icing sugar into a bowl. Add the lemon juice and mix the sugar evenly to form a glace of the consistency of pouring cream. Spoon this icing onto the top of the cake evenly and spread to the edge.