This post is my contribution to the JFI-Sprouts at Ammalu' Kitchen hosted by Dee.
So, here goes..
Lentil sprouts - 2 cups
Onions, chopped - 1 small or half of a big one
Green Chillies, slit lengthwise - 2
Curry leaves - 3
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Turmeric powder - a pinch
Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
Fresh/Frozen Coconut - 1 tbsp (optional). I did not use it.
Salt - to taste
- In a kadhai, heat little oil, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds. Once the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves and the green chillies. Add the chopped onions and fry till they turn soft and transparent.
- Add the lentil sprouts, turmeric powder & salt and saute for a minute. Just sprinkle about a tbsp of water, not more.
- Sprinkle the grated coconut (if using).
- Cover and cook on medium-low heat for about 5 mins, with stirring once in between.
- Pour lemon juice and mix well and its ready to serve.
- Serve as a side in a vegetarian meal.
Note: I have seen my mom using both red chillies as well as green ones in this dish. I dont know the difference, but I personally prefer green chillies. Print this recipe