Dec 28, 2008

Stuffed Thai Eggplants....

I found these cute little Thai eggplants and bought them thinking I will make the Engaayi. But I changed my mind and followed the same recipe that I did for the Stuffed Okra that I had made earlier.

The only difference in the recipe is that in a non-stick pan, I fried 1 big sliced onion in some oil, put in 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds and then put in the stuffed eggplants. I put 2 tsp of lemon juice instead of 1.

The rest of the recipe is the same and is here.

Eggplants with stuffing mixture

The dish tastes great with rotis or as a side with rice and dal. Hope you like it..

Print this recipe

8 Comments:

Unknown said...

looks very tempting, these varity of eggplants tastes better than any other.

Sunshinemom said...

I do not eat eggplants much but yours look so good - I might end up having them afterall:)

Uma said...

wow, mouth-watering eggplant curry. looks so good Maya! Yum!

Uj said...

Looks yummy..Wish I got these eggplants here..

Red Chillies said...

Maya, I have seen these eggplants before and the 'bharlele vaingan' that I tried did not come out good.
i need to try your version.

Also I did not do anything to fix your feed :-). I saw your email late in the night, but also saw that your post was updated on FoodWorld. Strange right? Not to worry, I will keep an eye on it.

Usha said...

Looks delicious and the eggplants look so cute :-)

Ashwini said...

Looks yummy Maya. I can't wait to try it.

Shobana senthilkumar said...

looks yummy ...i think it goes well with chappathi