Come a little warmer weather and we are looking for coolers and thirst quenchers. Today I have a Mango-Raspberry Ice cream here. I followed the recipe from showmethecurry.com for this super easy and yummy ice-cream. The recipe was for Mango Ice-cream but I added raspberries also and it turned out very good.
You can see the original recipe and the video here.
Mango Pulp - 30 oz can
Sweetened Condensed Milk - 14 oz can
Whipped Topping - 8 oz container
Fresh/frozen Raspberries - 3/4 -1 cup
Fresh Mango - cubed, optional
- If using fresh raspberries, chop them into little pieces. If using frozen ones, just lightly crush them with the back of a spoon and they breakup easily.
- In a big bowl pour in the mango pulp, whipped topping, condensed milk and the raspberries.
- Fold them in very gently. Do NOT use an electric beater or whisk rigourously.
- Pour into a dish with a tight fitting lid.
- Cover and place in the freezer for 2 hours.
- If using the cubed mango pieces, after a couple of hours, mix in the cubed Mango pieces and return dish to the freezer. If not also, remove from the freezer, mix once and return to freezer covered.
- Allow it to freeze for another 3 hours or so. And then its done.
- I have not used the cubed mango pieces.
- You can use fresh mango pulp instead of canned one.
- Add in any other kind of berries like strawberries, blackberries, etc., instead of raspberries.
-You can add in Tutti-fruiti, nuts, saffron or cubes of cake for a variation.
This post is my contribution to My Favourite Things - Frozen Desserts, hosted by Aquadaze of Served with Love.
My Favourite things is the brainchild of Bindiya of InLoveWithFood.
And also goes to Festive Food-Summer Treat, hosted by Priti of Indian Khana.
Last but not the least, also goes to 15 Minute Cooking, hosted by Mahimaa of Indian Vegetarian Cooking.