Jan 11, 2009

Black Bean & Veggie Salad..

This is a delicious and filling salad that I learnt from my friend. Its got all the goodness of the veggies and the black beans. You can pretty much alter the quantities and the veggies as per your choice. All in all, its very wholesome..



Ingredients

Black beans, boiled - 15 oz. can, about 1 1/2 cup
Fresh/frozen Corn kernels - 1/2 cup, boiled. Microwave for 2 minutes.
Tomato, chopped - 1 cup
Avacados, skinned, pitted and diced - 2 nos.
Green Bell Pepper, chopped fine - 1/2 cup
Red Onions, chopped fine - 1/2 cup (optional). I did not add this time.
Cilantro/Mint or combination of both, chopped fine - abt 1 tbsp
Salt - to taste
Lemon Juice - 2 tsp
Black Pepper powder - as per choice

Method

- Add all the cut veggies and the beans to a bowl, add salt, pepper powder and lemon juice, toss well and serve.

Note :

- Add the salt and lemon juice just when you are ready to serve.
- I drain the liquid and rinse the beans from the can before I use them.
- Orange juice and orange/grapefruit segments works very well in this salad. In that case, eliminate the lemon juice.
- Add any boiled beans of your choice, or any fresh sprouts.


This post goes to Srivalli for the event My Legume Love Affair- Seventh Helping hosted by her.

My Legume Love Affair was originally started by Susan of The Well Seasoned Cook.

Thank you for mentioning to me Meera.

Print this recipe

23 Comments:

Meera said...

Very healthy salad. You can send it to Legume Love affair at Srivalli's if you like.

Shilpa said...

This looks very healthy and tasty Maya. I will have to try this sometime.

Lakshmi said...

i love such colorful salads

Uj said...

Looks very healthy :) I love the use of capsicums in salads.. they add crunch as well as taste good :)

Neha said...

So colourful n healthy salad, nice click..

Purnima said...

Ismein toh sabkuch hai! Wow..protiens, greens, crunch hmm..havai try karta ek pati. Tks for sharing!

Finla said...

I love the different colours in this vary hgealthy saldae.

Anonymous said...

Looks so tasty and healthy.

Usha said...

Healthy and colorful, yum !

Vanamala Hebbar said...

Delicious & healthy salad..nice pics

Uma said...

ooh, the salad is so tempting. Nice colors too! So healthy salad!

anudivya said...

I was about to leave a comment saying"Very healthy" and then thought of course you knew it was healthy! Why am I saying this to her! LOL
But really it is very, may I say Nutritious?

Ashwini said...

Very delicious and healthy too. Tempting to eat right off the plate..

Indian Khana said...

I have some something very similar ...add some apple, orange etc....yours looks very tasy too

vidhas said...

As Anu said this salad is very nutritious

Red Chillies said...

Very colorful and helthy, we have this along with rice when we go to Chipotle.

Haav yeh weekend Bangalore vata assa. I will "see" you after I come back, Maya!

Mangala Bhat said...

hey this is my 1st time visit to your blog ,every dish looks soo yummy this salad looks very healthy ...Thanks for sharing

Nithya Praveen said...

I made this few days back,but used Pinto beans....this is really yummy n a perfect healthy salad.As Redchillies, mentioned even i have it with rice in chipotle...its a good combo.

Lakshmi said...

Happy Sankranti Maya :) Have a wonderful day ahead

Deepthi Shankar said...

thatz a healthy salad you can indulge in, anytime

ranji said...

Very healthy and colorful salad maya...love all the veggies added in it..good one!!!

KonkaniBlogger said...

Thank you all and hope you had a wonderful Sankranti..
Yes, like some of you said, it is like what we get in the rice bowl in Chipotle.
Meera, thank you for mentioning, I will send it to Srivalli..

Srivalli said...

Thanks for the entry maya..thats one lovely and colourful salad!