I got this recipe from a hand-out in Wal-Mart. The recipe mentions egg-substitute and is perfect for those who are watching their cholesterol. I, however used eggs instead of the substitute.Print this recipe
Before I go further, I must say here, that the recipe is just adapted from the hand-out and not followed the actual one. I followed my own ingredients and quantities. People who make and are frittata experts will frown at me otherwise :)..Nevertheless, my frittata came out excellent..
Zucchini, grated - 1 cup
Carrot, grated - 1/4 cup
Eggs - 4
Spring Onions, chopped - 2 stems, bulb and greens
Crumbled Feta Cheese - 1/4 cup
Red Chilli flakes - 1/4 tsp
Dried Italian seasoning (oregano, basil, rosemary, thyme) - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
- Place the grated zucchini and carrot in a colander, set over bowl. Add salt and toss to mix. Let stand for 10 mins. Then, press the veggies with the back of a spoon to squeeze out excess mositure.
- Preheat the oven to 325deg F.
- Combine the eggs, spring onions, italian seasoning, chilli flakes. Add in the cheese and zucchini-carrot mixture. Mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a greased dish and bake for about 30 minutes or until golden and set.
- Best served hot.
- The original recipe asks for low-fat Monterey Jack cheese.
- I used two 5-inch dishes to bake, in one I added some extra red chilli flakes.
- If you don't want to use eggs, use about 1/2 cup of lightly beaten egg substitute.