Potatoes, peeled and diced small - 2 medium ( I used Red Potatoes)
Onion, finely chopped - 1 small
Tomato, finely chopped - 1 small
Cumin seeds/Jeera - 1 tsp
Masalya Pitto/Phova pitto - 3/4 - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
Salt - to taste
Cilantro - to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, once they sizzle, add the onions and fry only till transparent.
- Add the tomatoes, fry till they soften.
- Add the potatoes, turmeric powder, salt and the Phova Pitto. Add enough water to cook the potatoes, cover the pan and cook. The quantity of water should be such that after the potatoes have cooked fully, there should be liquid gravy left in the pan.
- Finally, when done, garnish with chopped cilantro and serve hot with rotis or dosas or bread.
Another way to enjoy this curry is simply by topping it with some Shev and eating it as a snack. Tastes just great..
A few days back, dear LG of Taste of Mysore passed me this BFF-Blogging Friends Forever Card. Thanx so much LG for thinking of me and passing this on to me. Really honoured :).
I'd like to pass this on to these wonderful bloggers..
1. Meera of EnjoyIndianFood
2. Purnima of FantasyCookBlog
3. Shilpa of AayisRecipes
4. Vanamala of Nalapaka
5. Seema of MyRandap
6. Ranji of Ranji'sKitchenCorner