Dec 19, 2007

Mango Cake




Ummmmmm, the picture itself was tempting enough when I came across the cake in Purnima's blog here, from where I hopped on to Pushpa's blog where the original one was.
This was lingering on my mind for sometime and there was no peace until I made it and to my delight, it was the best cake I've ever tasted. Moist and light. Not something you can avoid for a long time :)....This is something I know, I will making many more times...So thanx to Purnima and Pushpa.

I just took the exact same recipe from Purnima. She however had not added the lime juice she said. I added that also and the result was indeed a delightful one :)
Take a look at Pushpa's recipe here.

Ingredients

All purpose flour-1 cup
Bicarbonate soda - 1 tsp
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp

Butter - 1/2 cup, softened
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Egg - 1
Mango puree - 3/4 cup ( I used mango pulp )
Milk - 1/2 cup
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Mango essence - 1/4 tsp ( I did not add this )

Method

- Sieve the Baking powder, Bicarbonate Soda, All-purpose flour and salt together. Set aside
- Beat the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add the egg to it and beat well.
- Stir in the mango pulp, lime juice and the essence.
- Add the flour mixture and milk alternately, starting and ending with the flour.
- Pour the mix into a greased pan or lined with wax paper.
- Bake at 345F for about 30 mins or till a toothpick or skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Take out from oven, cool for about 10 mins in the pan and then cool completely on wire-rack.
- Cut into pieces and serve. Store in airtight container ( if any is left to store ;), that is)....

Print this recipe

7 Comments:

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Dear Maya
I am sure it must have tasted nice.

Wishes come all the way from Botswana for an exciting, fun-filled New 2008 to you, your family and friends.

Tried some new wedding cake and birthday cake. Do have a look, whenever you can.

Purnima said...

Maya...glad you liked it..its truly a mangolicious delight frm Pushpa! Chk out her other baking sessions-you will find easy and fast cakes/cookies which kids enjoy!!

FH said...

Tat is a great looking cake. I love the flavor of mangoes in anything!:))
Happy holidays.

Anonymous said...

I was waiting for the recipe since the time I tasted your cake. I loved it.
I am going to try it soon.

Archy said...

wow.. mango cake.. Yummy.. shall try dis..
Happy holidays..!!

KonkaniBlogger said...

Anamika, Thanx so much and wish you a very happy 2008 too..

Purnima, thts the word, Magnolicious :)..Thanx to u for making it and makin me too get to make it..

Asha, me too. Love the flavour of mangoes..

Saritha, thnx for ur comment and hope u make it n enjoy eating it soon..

Archana, yes, give it a try and u will love it..

devy13 said...

I just made this cake and even though I followed the instructions, I'm not sure what went wrong as it turned out extremely greasy. Also, the mango flavor didn't come through very well. The orange/yellow color also didn't come out well..it looked more brownish. Any ideas what I might've done wrong?