Dec 15, 2007

Mango Kulfi



Ever since I saw it in Suganya's blog here, I was tempted to eat kulfi. Then, when a friend made the kesar kulfi at a potluck, I so wanted to try it at home for the flavour just caught on to me....She passed on a recipe also to all of us. So it was time to make my own now.

I looked at both the recipes, and then with tips from another friend to add whipping cream, I finally made the Mango Kulfi. Yes, a lot of inputs here :) ...And the taste was all worth it ...

Ingredients

Sweetened Condensed Milk - 1 can
Kesar Mango pulp - 3/4 of the tin ( the one from Indian store )
Heavy Whipping cream - 1 pint
Coarsely crushed Pistachios - 1/2 cup
Powdered Elaichi - 1/2 tsp
Safrron strands - Few

The friends recipe also called for 1 can of evaporated milk, but I din't add that and also the Saffron as I dint have it at home.

Method

- Mix the condensed milk, the mango pulp and the whipping cream together well.
- Add the elaichi, saffron and the pistachios also. Pour into kulfi moulds or any containers you like and freeze till done.



P.S.
- If adding the evaporated milk, add in the first step when you add all other ingredients.
- I din't have the moulds, so put it in a big container and then cut into pieces.

Print this recipe

4 Comments:

Meera said...

I make similar kulfi but also add evaporated milk. I call it American Desi version since I use the ingredients available in the supermarket instead of the usual boiling/reducing the milk method.

Sagari said...

this is one of my favvvv when ever i go to indian restaurent i will have this but never tryed to make at home your recipe looks wonderfull thanks for sharing

Shilpa said...

This looks great Maya. My aayi prepares badam flavored kulfi at home. I have never tried it. I love these more than store bought icecreams here.

Anonymous said...

Thank-You Meera, Sagari & Shilpa, for all your nice words :)...