Jan 14, 2008

Peach and Cranberry Spice Cake..


Suddenly, we seem to have a liking towards spice cakes, after being introduced to the Pumpkin Bread. I had never realised or paid attention to spice cakes till now. I wanted to try something with another fruit and berry this time, but wasn't sure of what to combine. Finally, when I came across Pushpa's blog and her Peach butter cake, I knew what I wanted.
So, I gathered up a few ingredients and came up with my version of a spice cake and called it Peach and Cranberry Spice cake. The taste was awesome, it tasted yummmmm..Try it once and you will not repent..

Ingredients

All-purpose flour - 1 1/2 cup
Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
Baking soda - 1/2 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
Nutmeg powder- 1/2 tsp
Cloves powder - 1/2 tsp
Cinnamon powder - 1/2 tsp
Cranberries - 1/4 cup + 1/4 cup
Oil - 1/2 cup
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Eggs - 2
Canned peach halves - 1 tin

Method

- Puree half the tin of peach halves combined with 1/4 cup of the cranberries. Keep aside.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and the spice powders.
- In a separate bowl, cream oil and sugar till mixed well. Add eggs one at a time and beat well.
- Add the puree of peaches and cranberries and beat till well combined.
- Now, add the flour mix slowy to the above and mix till well combined.
- Dust the cranberries with flour and fold them in lightly in the above mix.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 350F for about 30-45 mins or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Take out from oven, cool completely before cutting into pieces and then, enjoy :)...

I would like to send this to the event 'My favourite things- Cakes and Muffins', hosted by Bindiya of InLoveWith Food. Thank-you Meera about letting me know about this event.


Print this recipe

9 Comments:

Purnima said...

Maya..that looks moist and spice must have truly flavoured it! Shall try it sometime for sure!

Meera said...

Maya
Peach and cranberry is a good combination. I loved the pictures. cake really looks delicious. I will try it sometime. Hey, in case you are interested, there is "my favorites - cakes" event hosted by Bindiya.
http://inlovewithfood.blogspot.com/2008/01/are-few-of-my-favourite-things-round-up.html

Sagari said...

cake looks so crumbly and moist maya pics are tempting too

Bindiya said...

Cake looks soooo delicious, thanks for such a yum! entry!!!

Swati said...

What a well done cake Maya...Great flavours too!! It looks so nice and moist.....
What suggestions on alternatives for cranberry as its not easily available in India?

Swati

DEEPA said...

very very moist cake and excellent pi ..wish could take a one of them !! yummy

Anamika:The Sugarcrafter said...

Hi Maya
Thanks for leaving wonderful comments on my blog. The spice cake has eniced much interest and I am going to try it. I just closed my eyes and was trying to let the aroma and taste pervade my senses. Oh.yes..i am making it.!!

KonkaniBlogger said...

Thanx Purnima, Yes, spice truly makes it a whole lot different.

Meera, thanx for letting me know of the event hosted by Bindiya, I now sent it across to her :)..

Thanx Sagari, try it once ..

Bindiya, thanx and am glad I could participate in your lovely event..

Sugarcraft, I am not sure but dried prunes am thinking might be a nice alternative to try. Else raisins. Let me know if u try..

Deepa, u r more than welcome to have a piece :)..

Thanx Anamika, I'm in awe of your work..Hopefully, will try n learn to make cakes like you..

Nic said...

Very nice looking cake, could do with a slice now!